.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Yarn Along: Hidden Progress


I haven't done a lot of knitting or reading over the past couple weeks, because it was fair week and we were slammed. I didn't finish Jerome's present, though I'm about 60% through it. Fortunately for me, his birthday party isn't for a couple weeks, so I can give it to him then (and we did have a couple family presents for him that he enjoyed). I have finished most of my Equinox test. I have the sleeves to do, and then weaving in ends and blocking, so probably 68 - 70% finished. No picture for that, sorry!

I'm really excited about the design proposals I'm preparing for Interweave Knits. One proposal is sketched and written, and two are in progress. It is the swatching I'm knitting on mostly these days (and Jerome's and Mariam's presents). These are also things that I can't post pictures of, because IK wants exclusive first publishing rights (though subsequent publishing is mine to do as I wish). What has been even more thrilling to me is that in seeking yarn support from various yarn companies for these proposals, I have had requests to submit some design ideas to the yarn companies, too. So, when I finish these proposals, I'm going to get to work on some descriptions for those. I have already had some yarn suggestions put forth, and come up with a few ideas that I think would work with those yarns.

As I said, I haven't done much reading either. The book in the photo is my latest accepted purchase suggestion at our library, Pope Awesome and Other Stories. I love our library. I've only read the first several pages, but really, I'm putting it aside so I can finish two other books, and work on the knitting.


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?