.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Menu Plan: August 17 - 23


So, fair week is over! We have a love hate relationship with the fair. We enjoy going, entering, working, but it is so exhausting. Rich and I kept falling asleep today every time we sat down. Every time.

Our Grocery Outlet had an amazing deal on wild caught, crab claw meat in a cans in the refrigerator section. It was $5.99/lb. So we bought six cans. We've had crab pasta, grilled crab and cheese sandwiches with sliced tomato, and we're going to have crab cakes this week. We also were able to pick up local corn for $1.00 a dozen this past week, so we've been eating lots of it. We also picked up a ton of pickling cucumbers and zucchini from a friend's garden, so we're eating a lot of that. The zucchini is great for making into ribbons like pasta and for grating for adding to sauces, breads, cakes, and such. The ones that are too big and seedy, we're feeding to the chickens, who turn it into eggs for us. I'm making corn relish, dill pickle relish, and my spicy bread and butter pickles this week with our abundance of produce. Our apricot tree is ripening nicely, so if I have time, I will try to make some jelly, syrup, preserves, and butter from them. However, with Jerome's birthday this week and recovering from fair and a memorial to go to, it may have to wait until next week.

I'm doing a ton of design work. I have three proposals going for the summer issue of Interweave Knits that have to be in their hands early in September, so I'm hustling on those. One proposal is almost finished with the writing, one is about half way there, and the third is just started, but it a more developed design in my mind, so won't take as long to write. However, there is still that matter of only two weeks to get it done and have all the swatching finished and everything mailed to them, so there is that. I'm still in denial about school, so I've done almost nothing to prepare. That is something I'll be hustling with pretty soon, though.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?