.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 28, 2014

New Patterns for Sale (Plus a Freebie!) and Some Other Pattern News

I have published three new patterns this past week! Two for sale and one for free. They are available on Ravelry, though I plan to spend some time in the next couple weeks figuring out my Nimblestix store so I can upload patterns there as well. I really like Nimblestix, and think it is a great place for knitters, crocheters, and spinners.


Laetare is now published and for sale. This is designed as a nursing shawl, though it can be used in any way you wish - it could work as a shoulder shawl, a nursing cover up, a kerchief or head covering. The name, though, is linked to its function as a nursing shawl. As I've mentioned before, laetare means milk joy.


You can now purchase the pattern for April, which is a set for preemies sized three to five pounds, around 32 - 36 weeks. Ravelry strongly encourages designers to make a separate entry for each item in a set, even when they are downloaded/sold together, so here is the separate entry for the hat. (I didn't do that with Adam and Eve, and probably ought to edit it to correct that.)

I came up with numerous names for this before I settled on April. April was the first to come to mind, and I kept coming back to it, though. April was when Nejat started to come, so it is forever imprinted in my mind as our experience with a preemie.


As a little bonus, I made up this pattern for a coordinating burp cloth for April. It is a nice pattern to swatch for the vest, too, and helps you to work out the stitch pattern before tackling any shaping or other aspects of knitting the hat or vest. I hope you enjoy it!


My other news is that Saint Catherine of Alexandria was accepted for the book _Little One-Skein Wonders_ which will be put out by Storey Publishing and should show up either on that link or this one soon. It is scheduled to be published next year, I think around March - May. I've shown it above in both sizes. Nejat is wearing a variation on the pattern, done in a different yarn and with a seed st edging.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?