.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yarn Along: Testing


This post was supposed to be written and queued up for publishing last night. But the best laid plans and all that. We were wiped out yesterday and the internets were not being cooperative, so here I am finishing this up now. I have started a test knit for Katherine to help her develop a pattern she hopes to publish this fall. Since I needed to do the swatch in the round, I decided to make a hat out of it, and then I'd have a matching hat, too.

Thank you to those who have offered to help me test knit Cirrus, please bear with me, as I am slowly working out the darts for the fronts, which will be my most challenging calculations for this project. I have tried to contact all the people who have contacted me, so if you haven't heard from me, please e-mail me with Cirrus Test in the subject line using an e-mail address you check on a regular basis. I'm still looking for test knitters, so if anyone wants a free copy of the pattern in exchange for test knitting for me, contact me via comments, or through the sidebar link to e-mail me if you are interested. I think if all people who are interested are on Facebook, I can start a closed group there to discuss the pattern and corrections. My goal is to have this available in five sizes, XS, S, M, L, XL, approximately to fit a bust of 34", 36", 38", 40", and 42", and I'd like at least one tester for each size. I anticipate having the pattern available to test around late July or early August.

Progress is slowly being made on the Beatrix Potter Scarf, I am hoping to have it finished by the end of August. Yasmina's heart bowl is giving me some trouble. I've never had to try to felt something in a front loading washing machine before, and now I understand all the fuss about it. It is a pain! It was much simpler to felt things in our top loader. So, even though it took me something like a day to knit this, it's taking me forever to complete it.

Still working my way through Christ in His Saints. I just started reading, for real, The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things, and I am pleased so far. She doesn't seem to be embroidering too much on the facts, but makes connections and gives information about each object and its significance that is fascinating to me.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?