.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yarn Along: Travel Knitting and Crocheting


I didn't get as much knitting and crocheting done on our trips as I had hoped, and I was just too exhausted on the latter trips to do much in the car. Nejat and I found that when there weren't other siblings there for her to talk to or pick her up when she didn't want to be alone, there wasn't much time left for me to even use the facilities, let alone do something like knit or crochet. I did get some work done on the free burp cloth design which coordinates my April Hat and Vest. I'm also finished with crocheting the tacky tie bookmark for Rich's Father's Day gift, though I still have to sew it together and weave in ends. My design for my own little jacket did get some progress made while I was on planes, but not as much as I thought I would. Right now, I am planning on getting my rough pattern for just my size posted for free, once I finish the knitting and writing. Then, I will do the calculations for other sizes and offer the full pattern for sale a bit after that. If anyone wants a free copy of the pattern in exchange for test knitting for me, once it is finished, I would really appreciate it. Contact me via comments, or through the sidebar link to e-mail me if you are interested.

While we were in San Antonio, I braved the local transit system and rode with Nejat across town to visit one of the yarn shops there. I bought some lovely yarn packs from Wonderland Yarns, one in their sock weight and one in their sport weight, to make some shawls and blankets. I also picked up some gorgeous royal blue sock yarn for me. If they had more of it, I would have bought more. So beautiful. I'll post pictures soon. Yarn is nearly always my souvenir of choice when visiting someplace. It's pretty, useful, and reminds of wherever we were as I work with it or use the item made from it.

Still reading Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting and Christ in His Saints. They were perfect for reading on the plane, or quick snatches while Nejat let me in the hotel room. I read some of it aloud to Rich while we were driving on certain legs of our trip, too.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Lovely blues in your yarn. I am ever so impressed that you're writing your own pattern - I look forward to seeing it when finished!
 
Thank you! I noticed when we were on the plane that every single project I brought (I brought one more than these) had some shade of blue in it. It wasn't on purpose, but I guess I'm in my blue phase.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?