.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Menu Plan: Laetare Sunday

We come again to Laetare, or Mothering, Sunday. It is the Mother's Day for the Church who is our mother, for the Blessed Virgin, who is the Mother of God and all believers, for all mothers. It is a bright spot in our Lenten journey. The roots of the Latin Laetare are in the word for milk. Milk joy, like a baby at his mother's breast. I spent my Mother's Day with a friend of mine, knitting and talking, which was a great thing for me. Rich made dinner, and the kids helped rearrange furniture.

We had a ton of lettuce and salad greens and goodies for salads in our produce co-op boxes, so we're eating a lot of salad this week. Meals are pretty simple, though, because our schedule is pretty packed. We are only two weeks from Holy Week, and we have much to prepare for both in our home and in our hearts.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a recipe round up on Saturday.


Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?