.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 19, 2011

Menu Plan: Fourth Week of Advent

We are in our last week of Advent. Our waiting will be coming to an end soon. We wait with hope both for the Nativity of the Lord and for His return and the resurrection of the body. I have never waited with such expectation and eagerness for the resurrection. I know that my Redeemer lives and that not only will I see Him in the last day, but that like the Maccabbean mother, I will receive my dead. Rich plans to remove his mourning for the Christmas Eve mass. I am trying to work myself up to wearing colors again myself. I'm fortunate in that white is an appropriate color for feasts of the Incarnation.

One of the things I am finding more difficult to do lately is plan interesting meals or find the motivation to cook or eat. We're still hanging in there, and I'm still doing it, but it's hard. It has been kind of fortunate for me that we're in a fasting time. It allows me to grieve even in my eating and not to feel that I must be celebrating all the time.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?