.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Menu Plan: First Week of Advent

Last week was an interesting one. Rich and the older children were still handling most of the meals. I tried to to a more scaled back Thanksgiving, just so we could still have a holiday for the children, but everything is taking me about five times as long as it normally does and I am very much off my game. Since the turkey was taking longer than I anticipated and we were all full from hors-d'oeuvres anyway, we went straight to pie and dessert and had the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and other fixings the next day. Aside from crying to Rich that I'd ruined Thanksgiving and him making me repeat after him that I did not ruin Thanksgiving, it was fine. The children, it turns out, were thrilled to eat hors-d'oeuvres and pie, and didn't really care all that much about turkey. I'm going to try to keep this menu plan this week, while the children are still helping with breakfasts and lunches, and Rich can help me with dinners as he can.

Since it is the first week of Advent, we will be beginning the Advent fast and our menus will reflect that. It is a little Lent, so it is not as strict a fast for us.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
I have prayed for you through the week. Be kind to yourself and don't push too hard. If dinner is soup and lunch toasted sandwiches, that's fine and if the children can help, that's even better.

Continued prayers.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?