.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Menu Plan: October 30 - November 4

I'm feeling a little bit more on track with our menus. I was able to pick up some organic ground beef for a good deal this week, since we have been out for a while and I didn't want to buy grocery store ground beef and was waiting until we got our next steer, so I'll be able to add some ground beef meals to the menu over the next few weeks. Also, we got a literal taste of home this week, courtesy of Rich's boss. He still has his house on the other side of the mountains and his apple tree there is bearing, so he sent Rich home with a nice bag of apples. The apples smelled and tasted just like fresh pressed cider. We have so many memories of apples like that from over there, so it was a nice sense memory for all of us.

We are also celebrating All Saints and All Souls this week, so we have a busy time ahead of us. We are thankful for all those who have gone before us, who lived as examples of the life of Christ, and whose work continues as they pray for us in the presence of God. We also pray for all those who have passed that they might find eternal rest and joy in the resurrection.

O Almighty God, who has knit together thine elect in one communion and fellowship, in the mystical body of thy Son Christ our Lord; Grant us grace so to follow thy blessed Saints in all virtuous and godly living, that we may come to those unspeakable joys which thou has prepared for those who unfeignedly love thee; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I picked up a BUNCH of ground beef... I thought I could make a lot of meatballs...do you have a particular recipe for that? I will watch for the gr. beef recipes!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?