.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Menu Plan: October 2 - October 8

Thank you for your prayers. We all seem to be recovered.

This past week we were given an opportunity to help a friend clean up her garden and came home with bushels of produce for our time. I have been blanching and freezing and canning - with more to come this week. This will definitely help us to eat well during the fall and winter, when not much locally raised produce is available, and will cut down on our grocery bill as well. Then, a friend from church said he'd picked up 15 gallons of plums from a farmer and asked if we wanted five gallons of them. We love plums, so we said yes. I'm hoping to get plum butter and plum jelly and plum preserves made this week. I'm also trying to use up as much of this good, fresh produce while we have it, too. So, this week's menu will reflect that.

A couple of our meals were shifted or changed last week, so I have a couple repeats this week.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?