.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 16, 2011

Menu Plan: May 15 - May 21

Whew! We have had a whirl wind week!

Last Saturday, we drove down to Rich's parents, in time to be at the Borders for their book party for The Throne of Fire so Alexander and Dominic could get free Lego sets and do some Egyptian mythology games and such. We bought the new book and a t-shirt. The next day, we went down to see Rich's grandparents and then further down the freeway to go to lunch with them and his parents. We had three generations of mothers from his family, but we forgot to get a picture. That night, we kept driving, and went down to my home town and crashed. The next morning, Rich had an appointment to meet with some folks at the airport there and I took the children to see my mom. We drove back to his folks that night, crashed all the next day, then Rich and I went to a conference for his work with Mariam. On Friday, we split up, he went back to his parents to get the children, Mariam and I headed to a women's retreat for church. Mariam was a little too keyed up from all the travel to really let me rest much at night, even there, but I did get a break from responsibility and was able to have others care for me and teach me and pray for me. It was a much needed break. We got home last night. To a skunk in our trap.

Fortunately for us, Rich's parents had sent all sorts of sandwiches and leftovers with us, so we didn't have to make dinner. Mariam and I had gone to lunch with some of the women from the retreat on the way home, so I was able to eat at Visconti's again. I was nice and brought Rich some of my lunch, too, because I am the best wife ever.

I'm just now getting to menu planning, so things are going to be easy this week.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?