.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Menu Plan: March 6 - March 12 Ash Wednesday

Lent is upon us. We will be doing our own Shrove Tuesday at home with our family and, perhaps, a few friends. Because I am nursing a baby, I will not be observing the full fast on Wednesday. The older children are going to try to do it, but the younger children will be eating, some fasting from one meal, so I will be cooking meatless meals for those of us who are not keeping the fast. We are looking forward to 40 days of praying, fasting and giving alms, the trinity of fasting in the Church. This penitential season is a good time to do self-examination, and I know there is plenty to improve in my own heart and life. I wish you all a holy Lent.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Bought:

Parsley
Red Onions
Limes
Poblanos
Cilantro
Pears
Bay Leaves

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Great song and suggestions for lent. I wish everyone a wonderful lent and easter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?