.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 30, 2009

Finished Object Friday: Just Desserts



This is what I have finished this week. Although there must be other things that were finished this week, I have a hard time thinking of what they were. There has been very little knitting, no crocheting or sewing around here. I did a lot of baking and making of food staples for us: two loaves of soda bread, two loaves of oatmeal bread, one loaf of semolina bread, five loaves of sandwich bread, 24 khoubz Araby, three dozen raspberry jam thumbprints, two quarts of yogurt (why is it we speak in quarts about yogurt, rather than just say a half gallon?), a double recipe of mayonnaise and a large batch of hummus along with the tuiles, gelato and dip.

If you have one or more finished items this week, please sign Mr. Linky below and share all you have made. Your Finished Object(s) can be knit, crocheted, sewn, quilted, tatted, beaded, papercraft, woodwork or any other kind of craft. Show off what you have made! Please make sure you link to the exact post that shows your finished item(s) rather than just to your blog.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
You make Pita??!!! Actually I can't blame you, the stuff they sell in America is certainly NOT pita! And the truth is I NEED the recipe and how you do it! My husband had been trying to get me to make pita for ages. I must admit that I have been a bit intimidated by the concept. Bread is no problem, but this somehow seems more complex. Do you use the special pan or whatever it is that they have for it? How fast is it, since we have no bread machine, just getting Challah and weekday bread done is a challenge.
Look forward to your response.

Alina
 
It isn't that hard, and I don't use the special pans. I didn't even know there was a special pan. I can post the recipe later, it only takes me about two hours, start to finish.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?