Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Year End Review and Goals for the New Year
- One Skein Wonder for Laurel March 26
- Diagonal Scarf for Nancy April 4
- Ribbed Hat for Rich May 27
- Zig Zag Sweater for Dominic June 16
- Not So Fiery Bolero for Amira June 19
- Baby Hat for Jerome July 15
- Tilting Blocks Blanket for Jerome July 23
- Not Square Play for Amira July 28
- Garterlac Washcloth for Christmas for Carol August 26
- Everybody's Doing It Shrug for Me August 30
- Joe for Alexander September 25
- Baby Shower Sweater for Kyrie October 11
- Faux Fair Isle Newborn Hat October 23
- Shower's This Weekend Baby Sweater for Emma October 23
- Shower's in an Hour Baby Hat for Kyrie October 25
- Joseph's Cap of Many Colors for Opal October 25
- Joe Hat for Alexander October 31
- Ruffled Girly Hat for Kyrie November 6
- Felted Fish Stocking for Jerome November 13
- Santa Booties for Jerome November 14
- Toddle for Amira December 3
- Keepsake Baby Stocking for Amira December 4
- Santa (not so) Itty Bag for Christmas for Steve December 6
- Felted Fish Slippers for Elijah December 24
- Angora Baby Booties December 30
- Soap Sack for Nora December 31
The two most exciting things finished this year were, of course, Jerome and our 10th year of marriage. Rich and I celebrated our anniversary on New Year's Eve, with friends from church and Rich's parents, about 20 other people at our home. It was pretty low key, but lots of fun. We had a blessing prayed over us at church, and since the 10th anniversary is tin or aluminum, Rich made me an aluminum foil crown. No photos of that, picture Jughead as an Arab female.
I don't know that I really think of this next list as resolutions, but they are some knitting goals for the year. Last year's goals were met with modest success. I finished two entrelac projects, did more of my own designs, started my Christmas knitting in time to actually finish it, and knit more from my stash (though that was made easier by the crazy stash enhancement done in 2005), but I didn't really knit more for myself than usual. So, I will try again this year.
Ranee's Goals for 2007
- 1. I will knit more for myself this year! By that, I mean, more than two things, things that take time and concentration, things I want to wear.
- 2. I will learn how to do the Figure 8 Cast On. My first, and only, attempt without good instruction was an absolute failure.
- 3. I will learn how to do intarsia and complete at least one project using it.
- 4. I will do at least one beaded knitting project this year.
- 5. I will attempt a project that utilizes steeks (probably the Telemark Ski Sweater from Knit Picks, which would be a lovely gift for me, if anyone is interested in buying me a pattern and/or yarn. I like their color choices, oddly enough, though the black and cream with red would also be nice, or a brighter blue, and I would be knitting it in the 38" size).