.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Elijah's Epiphany Vest

Is there a synonym for vest that begins with E?



Well, this is it. I received this yarn in a one skein swap and had been looking for a pattern to use it with for some time. I decided to wing it, and make this vest. If I were to redo it, I would do the v-neck a little differently, to make it neater, but Elijah doesn't care, and I just wanted to be finished, so I didn't rip back. The wrinkle on the one armhole is because of how it is sitting, not puckering.

I am also almost finished with my second project, I have ends to weave in, some blocking and I need to decide about embellishment. So, I cast on for Fetching, but the size 6's were making too loose a fabric, slipped on to my hand too easily, and this yarn pills, so I cast on with size 5 needles. I have smaller than average hands anyway, I guess.

It is so nice not to have deadline knitting looming! I am thinking of all the things I want to knit this year. Fetching is the first thing for me, I have a design I'm working on, there are a couple shawls, sweaters and socks in mind to make or finish. It may sound selfish, but I am glad to be knitting more things for me.

Since I have all of last year's projects listed and photographed and posted, I think I will retire the list in my sidebar and start over with 2007. After all, I already have an entry, and am pretty close to a second entry for the list.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?