.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Menu Plan: Feast of Holy Cross

So, last week was something else. I went down to Eugene to try to help my aging mother who is having more health problems. That didn't go over well, and she needs your prayers. We do, too. We are truly the sandwich generation, taking care of kids, parents, and also grandparents. While it is a good duty, it was another thing added when I am already fielding a lot, and being responsible for two and a half households.

Without saying too much, things are quite difficult in that quarter, but God knows the need. On the plus side, I was also able to visit with our dear friends who are godparents to half our kids and guardians to our kids should we pass away, and see Dominic and Shawn and Winnie every full day I was there. Arthur and Michelle really spoiled me while I was there, because they know how much I am carrying right now. I am so grateful for that time with all of them.

While I was gone, Rich and the kids were making all the meals, but I forgot to have them cut one of the recipes in half, so between that and me not being here to eat any of the things they made, we have a LOT of leftovers this week. We have two leftover meals this week, but one is specifically the remainder of that extra large dinner from last week. Even still, we are using up things from our freezers, and making ready for mutton and a steer.

This week is the first semi-week of school for our girls. We are easing into it this year, with all the turmoil around us. The next four to eight weeks are incredibly busy, then we basically have to try to start in with normal life again. The girls are doing chemistry and earth science this year, so we are starting that this week, then in a couple weeks, our co-op begins, and we will be gradually adding everything else in as we go.

Our parish family is coming through for us in so many ways, and I cannot thank God enough for them. We had turkeys in the freezer to use, both to feed the church and to free up room in our freezer, so while I was gone, Rich seasoned the turkeys for the meal at church, and I cooked them today and made the gravy, while the our parish brought all the other things. Because of our hectic life for the next two months, they are basically handling all the Sunday dinners through the end of October. They have done so much for us, and I am so grateful for them.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?