.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Menu Plan: Second Sunday of Advent - Love

I know the picture says peace. We don't know why. Peace is the last Sunday.

We have completed the first week of Advent, and it was a little easier because of the feasts of Saints Barbara and Nicholas, which was a blessing. We are also finished with the first weekend of Nutcracker, and have one more to go. All of us are fighting a cold, my back seized up on Friday from turning the wrong way to grab the girls' costumes to steam them, and we are all sleep deprived and exhausted. We will try to rest a bit more this week, while I wish that electric lights hadn't shifted the world to working through all manner of darkness, instead of living with the seasons.

The kids and I couldn't find the walleye in the freezer last week, so we had a tuna pasta instead, which was delicious, but I'm sending Rich to the freezer to see if he can find it so we can try again this week. We had a ton of our muffins leftover from Saturday, so we are eating them this week, too. Also, we had so much leftover of the tuna pasta dish (I made what said was enough for 12, but it was enough for 20), that we ate that for dinner on Wednesday, too. The sweet and sour shrimp I made more like hot and sour, and we liked it that way.

Since we do have another Nutcracker weekend, we are going for fairly simple meals this week, again. Next week is Gaudete Sunday, and ballet will be over, so we can get our Christmas tree and put our lights up, and relax. We save decorating the tree and the rest of the house for Christmas Eve. I am looking forward to the more fun work and rest to follow.

May your fast be fruitful, so you may welcome the Christ Child in your heart and home, and prepare for His coming in glory!

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?