.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 24, 2023

Frugality (Part XXVII): What's in Your Refrigerator (Revisited)

Many years ago, I shared a post about what I normally had on hand in my refrigerator. I have meant to update that for a while now, and also to add a list for my freezer and pantry. These are items I keep on hand to make quick meals, hors-d'oeuvres for unexpected guests, and to help adorn plain meals. It is part of how I curate abundance. Some of those things have changed and some have been added, so I thought I would give you an updated list, plus the long promised pantry and freezer lists. We go through mustard so quickly now that I don't keep those in the fridge. They don't go stale quickly enough and we use them more quickly than ever. Some of my kids will eat spoonfuls of it. During Lent, the dairy gets pushed aside, so I will give a Lenten alternate (not necessarily a direct parallel, just something that we have more often during Lent - honestly, we also keep some of these around outside of Lent) in parenthesis.

Freezer: Pantry: Obviously, we keep many, many other things around, but these are things we basically always have. These lists don't count things like potatoes, onions, and garlic that we buy in huge quantities, either. There are some things I tuck away like extra bits of pie crust, or cheese rinds, or leftover chili, so we can put together a quick and tasty meal, but they are leftovers from other items. What do you keep around to cultivate abundance?

Previous Posts:
Make it at Home
Grocery Shopping
Waste Not, Want Not
Soup
The Celery Stalks at Midnight
Use What You Have
Combining Trips
Storing Bulk Purchases
Turn It Off
Grow Your Own
Buying in Bulk
Gleaning
Entertainment on the Down Low
Finding Fun Locally
Holiday Shopping
Reconsidering Convenience
More Bang for Your Grocery Buck
Preserving the Harvest
Revisiting Kitchen Strategies
Extreme Frugality
Bargain Getaways
Cultivating or Curating Abundance
Making Your Own Snacks and Treats
How Weird Is Too Weird? Things We Don't Think of Eating
Fuel Costs
Quick Hint on Eggs

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?