.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 06, 2022

Menu Plan: November 6-12

Our neighborhood harvest dinner was fantastic, as was the co-op potluck. There were things we missed, and I'm hoping we get everything more streamlined next time, but overall we had successful events both times. I'm hoping it isn't too cold to do our Martinmas lantern walk this Friday.

Winter has descended with a vengeance. However, I am glad we got our stolen hour back, and I keep praying that we end the practice of Daylight Savings, and never leave Standard time again. Maybe this next year? If I could sleep through all of November, I would. I'd wake up for the week of Thanksgiving, then go back into hibernation through the third week of Advent, then go back to sleep after the Theophany, and wake for Valentine's Day and sleep until Spring. It is so cold and we have months and months of this to come. I want to move to Croatia.

Thanksgiving is coming, though, and I do love it. It is what makes November tolerable. We have a ton of apples and pears, so we are eating those a lot. We are blessed to have our freezers pretty full, so I am actually only shopping for fresh produce and dairy, and looking for hams, our Christmas roast beef, and ground lamb. Everything else, we are pretty well stocked with and though I will still browse the used meat and seafood bins for bargains, it will have to be pretty good to tempt me now. Glory to God Who takes care of big families!

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?