.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 06, 2022

Menu Plan: February 6 - 12

We had a big winner meal last week and a big loser. The Persian stew was full of things we eat all the time and like, every ingredient in it was something we enjoy, but somehow all together, even though it sounded and smelled good together, it was not good. I'm going to take the blame on that, but I am also not going to make it again, until I have eaten it with pleasure at someone else's hands and learn how she makes it. The Spanish fish and shrimp stew, though, was fantastic, and I will make it again. Normally, I try to keep daily dinners at or below $2.00 a person, and this one was around $4.33 per person, but considering what a single bowl of it would have cost at a restaurant, and how wonderfully it tasted, it will come out more frequently, when we can get fish and shrimp for decent (or as close to that as we get now) prices.

Now that Jerome is starting his third week of testing cheese, our assessment is not just neutral, but positive. His skin has improved quite a bit, which, to be fair, probably has at least as much to do with the weather and relative humidity, but it was during a time that my own ezcema blew up a lot. He is so excited to be able to eat fermented dairy products freely again in two weeks! This gives me a little more hope for our second trial with the milk.

Again, I encourage you to stock your pantries and freezers with foods that are lower priced in your price range and be ready. Be urgent and diligent about it, but be at peace, there is no need for fear.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?