.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 22, 2021

Menu Plan: Thanksgiving Week

Please accept my apologies for my multiple week absence. Dominic came home from work with some serious illness and, while I had it easier than everyone else at first, my arrogance caught me, and they all got better and I got far, far worse. The silver lining is that I have lost about 20 pounds. I wouldn't recommend this method of weight loss, however. Please pray for my continual healing, and that we are spared serious illness through the rest of the winter.

Because I am still a little weak and get tired easily, we are cutting back a little on our Thanksgiving feast. Other people are bringing things and I have dropped about three or four things that we normally would have. Rich and the kids are doing the bulk of the cleaning and cooking, with my direction. A friend from my Bible study group offered to help cook some of it, too. We are blessed. We are making as many of the dishes safe for Jerome as we can, and a few with alternatives for him, but he is going to have to miss some of the feast. Also, Jerome gets to have eggs like a normal human being now, as he had no ill effects from reintroducing it over the past month, and he gets to start having chocolate introduced, which means he can have chocolate in his Saint Nicholas stocking! Glory to God!

It is also Nutcracker this weekend, so pray that my strength holds up for that. I help the girls with steaming their costumes and doing their makeup, and I usually end up sick on performance weekends. I am seeking assistance this time

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?