.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Menu Plan: July 25 - 31

How can it already be the end of July?! It seems like time always gets away from me. Our gleaning group has kept us in local, ripe fruit, which is awesome. This week we got about 60 pounds of peaches and 20 pounds of sweet cherries. We also have a lot of yellow zucchini and cucumbers through them. A friend who loves to garden, but lives alone has been keeping us in fresh onions and spring onions, as well as Swiss chard, beets, and radishes. We bring her eggs, and she fills our car with produce. I feel like we are getting a better deal. Our salads and vegetable dishes have been wonderful.

We have two repeats this week, one because I ended up much more exhausted than I expected Friday and shifted gears to a different dinner and because Rich wanted to make a meal for my birthday that he could do largely on his own or with help from the kids, so I wouldn't have to cook it myself. I did the searing of the scallops, but he and the kids did everything else. Also, funny fact, I evidently have seafood on nearly all of my birthdays. I didn't notice until my facebook memories showed me years of photos of meals with shrimp, salmon, crab, lobster, and so on.

I decided to pick up a piece of cake for me, and give the kids some other treats that were safe for Jerome. It seemed so awful to make a delicious cake that all of us could have and he could only watch us eat. I will make my own black forest cake when Jerome is able to have it.

We are now in the fourth of six months of Jerome's allergy diet. This means that he is past the halfway mark, and is ever closer to starting to have foods returned to him. Since we already avoided lima beans and he doesn't care much for bananas (which are the one thing the doctor mentioned as possibly being a permanent loss because of true allergy), I would be thrilled only to have to avoid those in the future. The other kids and Rich like bananas, but we can eat different fruit at breakfast or lunch, and he can avoid banana bread quite easily. Please pray that these are the only permanent losses in his diet.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?