.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Menu Plan: Purification and the End of the Christmas Season (Septuagesima)

First, I would like to thank you for your prayers. I have had several nights of more than five hours of sleep, which I know sounds like a pittance, but was a huge improvement over the past four weeks. My father did get to go home last Monday, and is recovering there. We are so grateful to God.

This week is full of saints' days and feasts. It is also the last feast of the Nativity. The Purification of the Virgin Mary and Presentation of Christ in the Temple are the last celebrations of the infant narrative and come as we start to prepare for Lent and Christ's prophetic ministry on Earth. It is hard to believe it, but today is the first Sunday in the countdown to the Lenten season. It feels like this entire past year has been a long Lent. I try to remember that Lent is given to us to be strengthened for the work Christ has us to do.

We keep our Christmas tree up through the entirety of the Christmas season, plus the Feast of the Purification. So, we have to take it down this week. That makes me a little sad, but it is good to have a visual break in the seasons of the year. I will take the crèche down and put our normal mantel decorations back up, and we will have a couple weeks before we participate in the bright sadness that is Lent. For this week, though, we feast and celebrate.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?