.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 06, 2020

Menu Plan: Second Week of Advent

Rich's boss gave us a jar of sourdough starter a while back, and I have been trying to work with Denise. That is her name. What I have been making the most lately is English muffins and crackers. They are infinitely better than storebought, and pretty inexpensive. However, Denise is harder to feed and care for than all our children have been, and seems needier. This is the first time I have kept a sourdough starter longer than a couple weeks, though, so I think it's getting easier to work with for me. Anyway, we are eating lots of English muffins now.

We had a quick break for Saint Nicholas this morning, and enjoyed our treats. Most of us were smart about it, but two of our girls ended up feeling a bit queasy. We hope they learned their lesson. One thing about being stuck at home with no Christmas parties that we need to attend is that it is simpler to keep the fast. So that is a blessing in the midst of this. I am looking for things to be thankful for, because right now I am fed up with all of this.


What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?