.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Menu Plan: November 15 - 21

7882774B-E905-4891-A065-F56F496C6D52

We were able to have our lantern walk last week, which was wonderful! We did not knock on any doors, because our neighbors wouldn't have known what to do with us. But, we were able to talk about Saint Martin and the traditions around his feast, and take that walk with the kids, which was great.

This past week and this week are a hard time in our house. Today is the anniversary of the loss of Rayan, and while we rejoice to have a family saint praying for us and the world, it is still a grief we have, and Rich and I live always as expectant parents. This past Sunday was also the anniversary of my best friend's death, and Monday, we found out that my father had been hospitalized, a couple weeks after being diagnosed with Covid (despite isolating and masking constantly), for pneumonia, and then Wednesday, we found he had been moved to the ICU. We have heard no worse news, so we are hoping no news is good news right now. Please, in your mercy, keep him in your prayers.

In this last week before the big cooking week of Thanksgiving, we are enjoying a lot of things we won't after Thanksgiving, because of the Advent fast. We still haven't been able to find fresh pressed apple cider, which I use to make apple cider doughnuts, that I was hoping to make before the fast. I will make an extra batch for anyone who can get me some fresh pressed cider! Our family does not keep a very strict fast during Advent, but we struggle in our strength with the family of small children and life we have. You will see more vegetarian and fish meals over the weeks past Thanksgiving. We are also heading into more restrictions, so we have stocked up and are preparing. I am so grateful for the work of my husband and children in the garden and at the farm so we can have such a well stocked pantry and freezer. We are still eating garden tomatoes because of Rich storing all the ripe and nearly ripe ones in cold spots on our property where they won't freeze. Whatever we cannnot eat goes to the animals, but we are still able to make fresh salsas, eat tomato sandwiches for lunch, and more.

Because our life has been a bit harder lately, and the winter weather and darkness has brought with it some more exhaustion and stress, I have not been good at posting all the recipes here. I am sorry for that, and should have a couple posts up by tonight. Please keep your eyes open for them, but also please be patient with me. Thank you.


What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?