.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 01, 2020

Menu Plan: November 1 - 7

Since Rich and I fell in love with Croatia, and especially the Dalmatian region, I have been trying to cook more of their food. I have been looking at a particular cookbook, but didn't buy it for ages. However, a cooking friend strongly recommended it, so I finally ordered it and it came Friday! We may be cooking through Dalmatia for quite a while. There were very few recipes that I thought we might not be able to get the ingredients for easily or that we wouldn't like. Their food is like the best of Mediterranean, Central European, and Middle Eastern cooking all mixed together. I also have Croatian Desserts and I have been enjoying that for a little while, and will probably be trying some of those treats for All Saints, too.

We tried to have our All Hallow's Eve movie night, but were thwarted by the movies not coming to us in time, and none of the ones we wanted were available for streaming anywhere. So, the oldest kids set up a candy scavenger hunt for our youngest three, and we gorged ourselves on candy and spent a little time at the Grocery Outlet, with their generous fun, and had a few friends over for an easy dinner.

As today is the Feast of All Saints in the west, we are spending our day in prayer and remembrance, but also using it as a good excuse to eat some more treats. It is also the anniversary of Nejat's baptism Monday, on the day after the Feast of All Souls. We have a lot of blessings in our home this week. The weather warmed up a tiny bit just before the big cold hits us again. We are bundling up and preparing here. I wish you a blessed week!

Just an administrative note: I am going back through my posts from this year to re-enter photos that cannot be hotlinked from Instagram any longer. I'm starting with more recent posts and going backward.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?