.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Craft On: Nearly a Sock


My first sock is nearly finished! It is my Stitch Along project, a pair of Summer Dew socks from Comfort Zone Knits on Ravelry. Her design is toe up and really constructed in a clever manner. I have really been enjoying how she executed the short row heel, as it was a way I have never done before, and the heel flap is made so that it imitates a top down flap, which I really like. All I have left on this one is the cuff and the bind off, which is one she recommends and I look forward to trying. It should be finished today, and I will start the next one for my knit night project.

Most of my reading has been in Songs of Praise, but I hope to get back to my other books soon. Just the practice of reading through the Psalms and taking notes to discuss with other women has given me a deeper understanding and love for this prayer book of the Church.


Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On and Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?