.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Menu Plan: February 16 - 22 (Sexagesima)

Our Valentine's dinner was lovely, and it was good to get to share the restaurant with Rich. I had been there before, for a friend's birthday party, but we have been trying for almost two years to go there together, and we finally made it happen. This is our last week of Ordinary Time, and we are cleaning up the kitchen for Lent. I'm going to make a few fun treats for us before they go off the menu for over six weeks. We had to skip our Mardi Gras doughnut party a couple times, and we are definitely making sure we do it this year.

Our kids have been wanting to eat all the canned produce since the days we were making them last summer. Now that we are really in the depths of winter, I'm finally letting them do it. Once I gave the go ahead, though, they descended like locusts! I found out that we only have one jar of pickled asparagus left. We've been eating the pear sauce and jams, and they got into the peaches last week. I'm planning some meals including them so Rich and I get some, too! We also still have a basement full of potatoes from our gleaning club and so we are eating quite a lot of them right now.

What is on your menu this week? I hope these breakfast and dinner ideas help you make plans, too. If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.



Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?