.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Stitch Fix Number Nine!


A big thank you to everyone who has signed up using my referral link! I so appreciate the credits. If you are interested in learning more, I wrote about my first experience on the blog, and you can do a search on my Stitch Fix posts.

So, a month or so ago, I was sent an offer to try Stitch Fix again, without the styling fee. Since there was no risk to me if I hated everything, and we had the trip to Paris coming up, I took them up on it. After two or three disappointments, I was wary, and still frustrated that the blame was placed entirely on my previous stylist, when it was apparent that a big part of it was what fabrics and styles were available to her. The new stylist did fine, though she didn't spell my name right. On to the contents of the box!

Item #1 Plenty by Tracy Reese Wynona Dress - $128



I love the jewel tones and bright blues of this dress. It fit well, and is flattering. Rich loved it on me. When I saw it in the box, I was a little concerned it would look a bit too 1970s retro, but I don't think it does. It is in the running for one of our evening events while in Paris. Rich likes that the zipper is metal (he hates plastic zippers), but I'm not sure what I think about it being exposed.
If I wear my hair down, it won't show that much, though, either way. Definitely keeping this.

Items #2 Lila Ryan Melina Straight Leg Pant - $88
& #3 Market & Spruce Evella Boatneck Top - $64




My stylist did say that although these pants were not the exact color I was looking for, she thought they would work, and I think they did. I was skeptical at first, though both Rich and I were pleasantly surprised at how nicely they fit and looked. These will be great for walking around Paris. Keeping.

The top. Hmmm. Rich hated it. He wanted me to send it back with a note asking if it was a joke. I don't hate it. It is almost entirely polyester, though there is a little cotton. I wish the neck had either a trim or collar in the same fabric as the cuffs and hem. It did have sleeves, though, and I liked how the stripes looked on me. I am keeping it, but with a note about the things I didn't like. The 25% off discount on the box makes this (and the other item I wasn't in love with) only $9 more than getting just the three items I fancied the most in the box.

Items #4 Skies are Blue Brendie Lace Hem Knit Top - $54



I liked this a lot. It is a linen and rayon blend, is lined, was cut well, and I even thought the pink was nice. It looks good with the pants, and I can wear it with other clothes I have at home. It's a little pricey for the item, but considering that it is primarily linen, and I didn't have to shop for it, I'm willing to live with that. It was a little frustrating that it was sleeveless, since I asked for various styles of sleeves, as most of my summer tops and dresses do npt have sleeves. That may have been a product of the selection that Kristina, my stylist, had available to her, though. Keeping.


Items #5 Alice Blue Milliman Ruffle Detail Top - $38



This top is pretty, and neutral enough to go with just about everything, but with enough color in it to keep a neutral outfit from being monotone. I would have loved this with flutter sleeves. Instead, my bra shows. Rich had me try it without a bra, but between the fact that I am a busty woman who needs one, and the fabric is a little thin (another beef I have with the fashion industry is how thin the fabrics are for women) and unlined, it was not okay. I only could have worn it in our room. However, I tried it on with a jacket I already own and a silk knit skirt that I got on ThredUp, it looked cute, I think. It is annoying that I have to either get a strapless bra for this top (and finding one that is steel belted and industrial strength and still comfortable is pretty challenging), wear a corset, or always have a jacket or shrug to wear the top. Since, as I said above, getting this and the boatneck top with the box discount is only $9 more than getting the other three items on their own, I am keeping it, but I'm leaving a comment about the disregard of my measurements, size, and busty-ness.

Overall, I think Kristina did a good job, and with three items that I unequivocally wanted to keep, I think it is a success. I'm still frustrated at the dearth of natural fibers available in ready to wear fashion. That is not even considering how many of these were made in China. There were two sleeveless items when I specifically asked for cap to three quarter length sleeves, one of the items was mostly polyester, and there was a top that is clearly not designed for busty women. I do not know if the sleeveless items were because of what was available, or if my note was just ignored. Either way, I wish there were more items with sleeves in various styles, as well. The biggest frustration was the last top because it just is not reasonable for a busty woman to wear that on its own. If I can find a good strapless bra, it will help me with other dresses, and I can wear it without a jacket, which would be nice with a casual skirt or pants and flats, but I am not thrilled with having to look for and buy one just to do that. I was really pleased that Kristina understood my retro, feminine, casual style. There was nary a clunky, modern item, nothing boxy or masculine, no ultra stylized or industrial looking pieces. Since there was more than one item I really liked in this box, it is more than a success, and I will be packing all of these things with me on the Paris trip. It is nice to avoid the mall and stores, and fun to have the box sent directly to me to try on at home nearly risk free. Rich loves the fashion show, which is always nice, too. If you would like to try Stitch Fix, using that link will get a credit which helps me use their service more often.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?