.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Recipe Round Up: Slow Cooker Faux Gyros

Slow Cooker Faux Gyros

I have scaled this down, but I usually make one and a half times this amount in two crocks. It's not the same as the gyros on a spit, but it's remarkably similar and delicious.

2 pounds ground beef
2 pounds ground lamb
4 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons (regular) paprika
2 tablespoons kosher salt

3 chopped onions
14 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 4 lemons, strained

Mix together meat, oregano, paprika, and salt until thoroughly and evenly combined.

Place onions and garlic in the bottom of a crock pot. Shape meat mixture into a football type loaf. Pour lemon juice over all of it. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Slice and serve with onions and juices in Khoubz Araby (Pita Bread) or with rice, and salad.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
My daughter and her two babies are coming to visit in a couple of weeks. I know she loves gyros, first becoming acquainted with them at a small restaurant near her home when she was living in Germany. I think she and I will try your recipe while she's here.

Could you share your sausage and egg casserole recipe with me too, please?
 
Yes, here it is!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?