.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 15, 2017

Menu Plan: May 14 - 20


We had a fabulous trip last week! In fact, while we were down there, we went to church at the cathedral and found out that the diocesan ladies' retreat was that weekend, rather than the weekend before, as I had thought, and they made room for me, and we changed my return flight so I could go. It was wonderful!

I love Southern California's climate and landscape. If it weren't for the tax burden, the high cost of living, the social/political environment, I'd move back. That's a lot of qualifications, but it tells you how much it tempts me. I was born in Los Angeles, and it was a return to my birthplace. It's kind of a thing for Pacific Northwesterners to despise California, and especially Southern California, but I love it. And even though it doesn't draw Rich like it does me, he told me that California looked amazing on me. The coastal air, the sun, all of it made my skin and hair very happy. Home is where my family is, though, and it was great to be back with Rich and my kids. The frost this morning on the ground made me wish I was back in California, though.

When I came home, Rich had hung up my clothes and put away most of my things from the part of our trip together. Since I had been traveling for more than a week and eating out for every meal, I didn't want to go out for Mother's Day, so Rich made me a lovely brunch (we got home from the airport around 1:00 a.m., and didn't go to the morning liturgy, just the evening one), then after church in the evening, he grilled up a ton of food (with no leftovers!) and we roasted marshmallows over the fire pit that the kids built. The kids did pretty well with the meals while we were gone. Unfortunately, more than half of our kids got sick, possibly from dehydration, while we were gone. Aside from them needing to rest and recover, there were definitely meals that weren't made, so we're making them this week. Rich made some different meals than I had planned, since I didn't come home Thursday night with him as we initially planned, and there are some of those to make, too. We also have a birthday this week. Nejat turns four! I can't believe how much she has grown and how much she can say and do now. It was such a hard beginning, and you would never know it now.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?