.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Menu Plan: November 6 - 12


We had our pork delivered this week, so we ate ham and our own home grown corn with steamed peas for dinner instead of the plan I had for Saturday. That was not the only menu change we had this week, either. I had planned on making cream of onion soup, but forgot that we were out of milk and didn't get it in time.

Rich and the kids gathered the absolute last of our main garden (Jerome still has some carrots and turnips in his garden box) and Rich used it to make a hash with the leftover ham from last night's dinner. All of it except for the salt and ground pepper was home grown: The ham, the tomatoes, the potatoes, the corn, the peppers, the crookneck squash, the scallions. That was pretty cool, making a meal that was almost entirely raised on our property.

Our neighborhood has an annual harvest dinner, and this is the week. I've been bringing the same dish for the past three or four years. I'm trying to decide if I want to mix things up this time.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?