.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 17, 2016

Menu Plan: October 16 - 22


Running a little late this week. We had to make a trip after church on Sunday that was not originally in our plans. We were able to pick up a box of huge Jonagold apples from a local grower, though, and they were from this year's crop instead of the kind of mealy storage apples we've been seeing in the store.

Our pig should be butchered at the end of the week, or beginning of next week. We're hoping for this week. Our garden is still giving us a tiny bit, mostly herbs, so we're using those up and savoring the last of the fresh produce of the year. We also have some potatoes still in the ground that should be harvested this week.

I'm feeling a tiny bit better, by which I mean, not entirely exhausted and in misery with pain. It's probably going to take almost a year for the bruise on my bone in my elbow to heal, if the bruised tailbone experience I had when I was a dance instructor is predictive of how long I will be hurting. I'm older by nearly 20 years, though, so I'm praying that it won't take longer. Thank you for your prayers.

If you didn't check out last week's recipe for apple cider doughnuts, you are missing out! Go, read, and make them while fresh pressed cider is still easily gotten!

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?