.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 27, 2016

Menu Plan: June 26 - July 2


This week is a little bit more restful. Only one child has activities this week, though Alexander has work to do, but he can get himself there and back. Our neighborhood has a cook out each year, and this was the week for it. I actually fell asleep on a blanket when most of the people had gone home. I did get a little volleyball played with the family and friends, though.

A touring ministry of relics came to a local church last week, and Rich and I were able to attend with two of the girls (ballet night). Rich made sure to tell me to touch my hand to the relics, and I am seeing relief and healing, which is wonderful. I ran out of one of my medications without a chance to get more because we had been so busy, so it was only prayer and the relics, and normal moisturizing going on this week. I've been able to wear my wedding ring and everything. I am praying for God's glory in His saints to be shown. The talk was instructive, but being able to see and touch the relics was awe inspiring and humbling. Even Yasmina was moved to kneel before each one. Seeing relics of the Apostles and of Christ's cross was enough to bring us to tears, and saints that we had taught about in Laudate were represented. Many of our favorite saints and some we met for the first time were there. We were even able to see a relic from Saint Mariam Baouardy, which was amazing. Since not all our kids were able to attend with us, we bought the video so they could hear the talk and see the relics on screen, at least. If you get a chance to see such an exposition, I encourage you to go.

Our farmers' market and the Grocery Outlet came through for us this week. There were plenty of excellent deals at both, and we came home with pickling cucumbers, pie cherries, some of the last of the fall Pink Lady apples, dill, garlic, and a gorgeous bouquet of deep pink roses and stargazer lilies, which we knew would come home with us as soon as we saw them. Rich used to bring me bouquets of stargazers all the time when we were dating, as he worked as a delivery driver and one of his stops was a florist, who would let him pick through her extras. One of the ladies who comes to knit night here also brought several boxes of apricots from her tree, which was a treat. Since our tree won't be ripe for another week or two, we are enjoying them quite a bit.

We're cooking as much from our freezers and pantry as possible over the next few weeks. At the end of July, we should have a steer in our freezer, so we need to clear things out and clean up so all the meat will fit. We've also needed to defrost our stand up freezer for some time, so we are planning on getting that done during this time, too.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?