.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 02, 2016

Stitch Fix Number Seven


A big thank you to everyone who has signed up using my referral link! I so appreciate the credits, as they allow me to get these more frequently than I thought I would initially. If you are interested in learning more, I wrote about my first experience on the blog, and you can do a search on my Stitch Fix posts.

This box was so much better, which made me happy. I still only kept two things, but I loved a lot about the things in the box, instead of being disappointed. Rich was stressed out from projects at home and frustrated with things that weren't going the way he wanted with them, and I wasn't feeling really well when we did the pictures, so we were kind of off our photographer/model game. I feel like I wasn't that photogenic in these, but you get the idea of the clothes.

Items #1 Brixon Ivy Rolfe Knit Back Top - $54
& #2 Kut from the Kloth Siena Cropped Pant - $58


The shirt was fine, I liked it enough, but I didn't love it, and I wished it had cap or flutter sleeves. Besides, I didn't want to spend that much on a sleeveless top. Nope.

The pants were so much better than last time, and they had about a billion fasteners on them, so I know she listened. However, they were low rise, which means that the "waist" measurement was perfect for my waist, but not my hips, which is where the pants sat on me. The reason I'm wearing this top with those pants is because of how unattractive my waist looked in the pants. Technically, they fit, in that I could get them on and still breathe, but not nicely. I had to sent them back, which made me sad. I loved the color and they were perfect for spring and early summer here.


Items #3 Maggie London Ema Crepe V-Neck Dress - $118

I loved the color on this, and the neckline, which you can't really see in this picture, it was folded as well as a v-neck. It was interesting to me that the main color appeared more teal/turquoise than the peach/pink it appeared in the box. I really liked how it looked like a floral watercolor. However, it was entirely polyester/nylon, the zipper was plastic, had something weird with it where it attached to one part of the fabric and, for over $100, that wasn't okay, so it went back.


Item #4 Pixley June Polka Dot Skirt - $58

Polka dots almost always win here. Rich loves me in polka dots. Also, this pencil skirt has a nice kick vent in the back, and is pretty slimming. It's cotton and lovely, and obviously was kept.


Item #5 London Times Braedyn Lace Dress - $98

The color and fit on this are so gorgeous, and the lace over the dress was wonderful, almost vintage looking. I really loved this dress, and Rich said he was so glad I was keeping it. His work is having an anniversary hangar dance this summer, and he asked if I would wear it to that.

This box was a success. Not everything was a winner, but everything had some aspect about it that I either loved or liked enough. If the pants had fit, and the floral dress had been even a blend with natural fibers, I would have kept the entire box, even though I wasn't absolutely in love with the sleeveless top. In the future, I will be looking for necklines like that dress and the big, watercolor floral pattern, as well as that turquoise color. Again, it's the details that really sell me on an item, and the way the pattern lined up on the skirt, and the kick vent, so I wasn't hobbled, as well as the lace overlay and fit of the dress were really great.

I won't be getting a new fix for quite some time, perhaps for Christmas, but not because of anything to do with dissatisfaction with this box (or even the previous one), but rather because we are saving money for a possible trip to Paris next year, and I'm cutting everything non-essential for myself and the family. However, if you are interested in trying Stitch Fix for yourself, I encourage you to give it a shot. It's been a fun treat for me, and a way to help me refine and define my personal style. I'd encourage you also to do as I do, and get rid of something you don't love or that doesn't fit for every item you keep. And if you try it, I get a credit, which means that more money goes toward my trip to Paris (I haven't been out of the country since I was 14) and the fun things I can experience and bring back from there. I promise I'll post pictures.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?