.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 11, 2016

Menu Plan: April 10 - 16


Blessings to you all in this Paschaltide!

I went to my doctor and she said that since I had a flare up in my hand while smack dab in the middle of not eating any of the allergen foods (and since those allergies are, she is certain, secondary reactions simply because my body is reactive right now), that I could go back to eating any of them I wished. This is thrilling to me. That's the good news. I am still having problems with my health, however, and have other problems that don't seem to be related to this one, and we're trying to get to the bottom of both, which have been ongoing for over a year now. The skin issues will be a year in about a month, the other issues have probably been around for nearly two years. I am in pain, exhausted, and discouraged, and could use some prayer. It is a little blessing that I can eat things like real cake again, though. I wish I'd gone to my doctor earlier, then I would have been able to eat the delicious cookies a woman at church makes for coffee hour.

Since I can eat normally again, Rich suggested a gut bomb pizza dinner to celebrate. This particular pizza parlor puts so many toppings on their pizzas that we actually make two other pizza doughs at home and bake them with sauce and cheese and the extra toppings to make that much more pizza. We have a ton left. So, we may be eating pizza for several days. We also had our first glean of the year, and so we have a million carrots. We are peeling, chopping and freezing a bunch in our vacuum sealed bags for cooking later, and we've filled one of our vegetable drawers in the fridge with them for us to use and eat now. All the greens are going to our chickens and turkeys, and whatever we don't finish processing or use will go to them, too, and they will become eggs and meat for us, so it's not a waste.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?