.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 07, 2016

Menu Plan: Laetare Sunday (Fourth Sunday of Lent)


We have a few repeats this week and again, we are going to have to miss the Stations of the Cross at church. We may do a smaller version of it at home with the kids' little Stations booklets. Our produce co-op was this weekend, so we have quite a lot to work with this week, as well as several things leftover from our last boxes. There are only a few things that are really sturdy enough to keep over until next week, though, and a ton of lettuce and salad fixings, so we'll be using those up as much as possible this week and saving what we can for next week.

For Laetare, Milk Joy Sunday and the Mother's Day of the Church, Rich wanted to make sure I had something nice to eat, since I've been so limited. He made a special trip to get me some wild caught, American shrimp, but when we got home and had a kind of linner, I was basically full, and there was a steak in our freezer, so I ate that and saved the shrimp for tonight's dinner, when I can share it with the rest of the family, too.

We have Amira'a birthday this week, which starts off our birthday season in the family. We let the kids break or lessen the fast, as they wish, on their birthdays, as well as choosing the meal for the family, and celebrate on the Sunday following, which we will be doing this weekend. Sweet Amira asked that I make a Lenten cake so that I could have it with her and her friends. I'm so proud of the young woman she is growing into. I have to share a funny story about her, though. Our local Grocery Outlet has a picture coloring contest that is only for three - 11 year olds. She was insistent that we get the picture early this month and she worked on it assiduously so she could turn it in while she was still 11 and get her little treat (they let the kids get a candy bar/package up to a certain amount of money in exchange for the picture) and try to win it one more time before she can no longer enter.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?