.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 14, 2016

Menu Plan: Fifth Sunday of Lent


We celebrated Amira's birthday and Saint Patrick's Day on Sunday. Rich made sure I had some peach sorbet, while everyone else had their ice cream, which was sweet. Unfortunately, most of our household fell prey to the cold that has been going around just after that. And this is finals week for Alexander. So, we all would appreciate your prayers. He got a 98% on his first test today, which was wonderful. He's really gotten into the swing of things with his courses and is enjoying them a lot.

There was supposed to be a moms' night out this week, but I am sick enough that when I saw it on the calendar, my heart sank because I just didn't want to go out of our house. So, I talked to Rich and while he wanted me to go get a break, he said if it made me feel worse, then I should stay home under blankets by the fire. I'll save my energy for a Shakespeare presentation and a dance this weekend (separate events).

Since Rich has a special devotion to Saint Joseph, I'm trying to think of something nice to do for him on that day - a treat that he could enjoy and commemorate him with on Saturday. If I'd thought of this earlier, I could have had a book of devotions or something like that for him. A few Father's Days ago, Rich asked if we could get him a statue of the Holy Family which showed Saint Joseph as a protective father, which really touched him, so I don't want to get him another (he has that on his shelves by his bed).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?