.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Menu Plan: Third Sunday of Lent


There are several repeats this week, either for convenience's sake or because we didn't get to them last week because of the way that particular day went. I ended up going to our church's mamas' retreat on Saturday, so Rich made breakfast and dinner that day, and even packed me some food to bring in case I couldn't eat what was served. Then, my friend sent me home with the leftover gumbo from our lunch so I could share with Rich, which was so sweet. So, he and I ate that on Saturday, while the kids ate quesadillas and veggies and fruit.

I'm really struggling with the diet my doctor has me on for now. It's only been a little over two weeks and I am already pretty miserable on it. I'm sure there is some real spiritual benefit to this, learning to detach from this world, and learning not to satisfy my desires or impulses, learning to go without and cheerfully fast while others can enjoy the things I cannot, learning to discipline myself and attain more self-control, learning to mortify my flesh, but I'm a little stressed out about doing this for six months to a year when it is this hard for me now. Sometimes our Lenten discipline chooses us. Please pray for me.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?