.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 02, 2015

Menu Plan: November 1 - 7


We had a wonderful All Saints' celebration with a couple other homeschool families we know. There were 18! kids at our house carving pumpkins and turnips and eating tons of food and candy and apples as vehicles for caramel. There were six adults. I love that. Mostly the kids chose saint symbols and other such things for their saint-o-lanterns, but I forgot to take any pictures at all. We have a little less than three weeks until Advent begins again, and we're beginning to think of our reading and study and projects that will go on during that time.

Rich was able to finally find the right sized things (I don't know what they were) to stabilize our upper shelves in three of our cabinets in the kitchen, so we were able to take our holiday dishes from their little containers in the living room and actually put them away on the shelves. SO happy! He also pulled the last of our tomato plants out of the ground to hang upside down in the barn to see if we can ripen any more of the tomatoes before they go bad. We're still getting some summer squash and he found some peppers we'd missed, but last night was below freezing and, according to the weather shaman, there will be no more nights above freezing at our house through the end of the year.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?