.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 05, 2015

Menu Plan: October 4 - 10


Alexander's birthday is this week. I can't believe he is going to be 17! We're having a special dinner for him, but I don't know what else he has planned. The rest of our meals are pretty simple or about using up garden produce and things in our freezers and pantry. Our garden is almost finished for the year, which is sad. Winter comes early and quickly here.

We have an exciting trip we're planning as an anniversary gift to ourselves. Our 20th anniversary is next year, and we've talked about going to a friend's resort in Mexico for that, but this year, our 19th, there was a great deal on Living Social for a two night stay at Cannon Beach for $199 at a lovely little lighthouse inn. As this is where we spent our honeymoon, we thought it would be a nice treat to ourselves this year. We can't go on our actual anniversary, but we're working out which nights we can spend there. I know that many people who read this blog live in OR or WA, so I thought I'd throw out the link to the deal, in case you are interested, too. It expires at the end of the day of October 7, I think PDT. If enough people also take advantage of this deal, ours becomes free, just to be completely open with you. I wouldn't share it here if I didn't think it was a great deal, and if I didn't think folks would be interested in it.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?