.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Menu Plan: September 6 - 12


We have a few weeks until our school year starts up and I'm trying to maintain my denial. We have a few appointments this week regarding Alexander's college program, but I'm trying to ignore what that actually means. Because of how many directors/managers were gone from Rich's work during the times that we were trying to have our vacation, it just didn't work out, and now ballet has begun again and school is approaching. Normally, we would have started school this week - today, actually - however, we figured a way to squeeze a short trip in before Alexander starts, if we delayed when we started at home, and also managed it so Amira only misses one day of ballet (and it is her shortest day of class, too), so she can make it up without too much difficulty. Unfortunately, this means that we miss seeing a lot of the people we intended to visit with on our longer, earlier trip. On the other hand, it means that Rich is going to have some days at home to work on the "farm" and home and we could be here to finish up our bathroom remodel (which is almost complete!!!), since he took almost the same number of days off that we initially talked about for our earlier plans.

This is a long intro to say that here is our menu, there aren't a lot of repeats, and we're slamming in as much fun as we can right now. Oh, and we got a pig. Our friends had one they wanted to get rid of and we had talked about getting one from them, and the boys helped Rich build the fence, gate and shelter for the pig, and it is here now. They have named him Sir Francis Bacon. That was Dominic's idea. I mentioned the Sir part. We're still getting produce from our garden, but I'm worried since fall has already started that we are on borrowed time. We had intended to get some root crops in and maybe a late planting of peas for a second crop, but that has not happened. Neither did we get any greens planted for some late fall eating. We will try again next year. The pig is helping us put our garden to bed, and it is also uprooting the thistles. We had heard that the only non-chemical way to get rid of thistles, the only natural way to do it, was a pig. He's earning his keep.

I know I'm rather behind on some recipes that I've promised and one that was requested, as well as some randomania, and an award post. Actually, I have a kind of exciting post planned for a couple weeks from now, too. Since I try not to feel guilty about my blog, I can only apologize and work to get that together as I have more time. Thank you for your patience. Our schedule this week is jam packed. Amira is in ballet four out of five weekdays, Yasmina is at the studio twice a week, Mariam once. One day, we have all three of them there from 4:00 to 7:30, and this week and next we have activities up to their start time and afterward. Also, we've been doing as much as we can with some friends who are moving to Pennsylvania at the end of this month. They have been good friends to us and we are thrilled that they are going to a good job and situation, but we miss them terribly, too. So, we have had sleepovers at their house and ours, we have had them over to play and for dinner, and we're going to see them a few more times before they go, plus a going away party, and open house, and an unbirthday party for the wife, me, and another friend. We did this last year the month after all our birthdays had passed, and this year, we are trying to have it the month between our birthdays - mine is in July, one is in August, and another is in October. I hate the goodbyes.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?