.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 31, 2015

Menu Plan: August 30 - September 5


Fair is over, we have Alexander all registered and filed, and there are no birthdays this week. I have three swatches and/or prototypes for design proposals finished, have one started, and three more to do before the month is out, with only one proposal written. So, this week should be a little less stressful for me. We do still have the bathroom remodel going, but I think everything we need is already gotten and progress is steady so that we might have a finished bathroom this weekend.

We did not have the birthday cake I planned last week, because Mariam asked for a fruit "cake" like you see on Pinterest. Well, our stores that always have watermelon didn't, and she asked me after the farmers' market had passed. There were only tiny cantaloupe at the store, too. However, there were the first fall pomegranates, some raspberries, star fruit and kiwi, and we had blueberries we had picked, frozen. I bought some raspberry sorbet, too. So, Rich made this out of the fruit, while I made dinner:


I think it turned out pretty spectacularly. He filled the cantaloupe with the sorbet, which was a nice touch. I still can't believe that she actually refused chocolate cake in favor of this. But it was lovely and delicious. Jerome had asked for a dinosaur cake, and it had to be postponed because of our fair schedule, so we made it this past weekend. I made the cake, Dominic made the frosting, Rich and Jerome dyed the frosting and decorated the cake. I think it turned out pretty well.


The tree was Jerome's idea and work, and the placement of the dinosaurs was all his. I made them scrub the dinosaurs and then sterilize them in the dish washer before I let them put them on the cake.


Anyway, we have a few repeats this week. The kids are sleeping over at friends a lot this week, which means our dinner table is always missing someone, but we're trying to squeeze in all the last bits of fun before we all have to put our noses to the grindstones again. Amira's name day is Saturday, but I still haven't figured out what we'll do in honor of that.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?