.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 03, 2015

Menu Plan: August 2 - 8


Here is another delayed post. The fires around us socked us in with smoke which gave us, especially Rich and me, a relapse of our cough and illness. We had significant ash on our cars this weekend. I'm praying that the fires and smoke abate for those directly affected and to give us a break. The recipes will be posted this week.

Our farmers' market treasures this week were gorgeous heirloom tomatoes and eggplant, nectarines, and three kinds of plums. We also had some bounty given to us from one of the people at Rich's work who always has an abundant garden and shares with the staff. Rich brought home some lovely Armenian cucumbers. We finished our apricots, but didn't have enough to preserve this year, as a late freeze killed the blossoms on our tree. Again. We've really only had two good years of apricots since living here and one mediocre. Freezes have gotten them the rest of the time.

Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?