.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 18, 2015

Stitch Fix #3


Thank you everyone who has signed up using my referral link. It has helped me get these more than the once or twice I expected to be able to do so this year. If you are interested in learning more, I wrote about my first experience on the blog, and you can do a search on my Stitch Fix posts.

Some people have had different stylists, even when they were happy with the one they had had. So far, Liz has been my stylist for each fix. I'm extremely pleased with how she is doing. I think she is reading me and my style preferences pretty well, and also pushing me a little out of my comfort zone with clothing and color. This time I asked for lots of color, and she delivered. I asked for a denim jacket in either an indigo or a dark blue, and a pretty, go with everything, purse that would fit my wallet, planner, keys, phone, etc., without being monstrous. She wasn't able to find those this time, but will keep her eyes open for me.

Item #1 41Hawthorn Dita Sleeveless Ponte Dress - $68

I LOVED this color and the cut and style. The detail just above the waist keeps the dress from being boring, and while it is fitted a little in the hips and waist, it isn't a sheath, which is more flattering to actual, human women of any shape and size, especially if they have to do more than stand in one position. However, as you see below, it was too small. I couldn't zip it past the middle of my back. It technically fit over my hips and belly, and without squeezing or pain, but still doesn't fit quite right there, as you can tell from the wrinkling. If I can get this in a larger size, I will definitely buy it, but in this size, it has to go back.


Item #2 Market & Spruce Julia Utility Jacket - $78

This is one of my favorite shades of green. And the details on this are exquisite. Rich said that it looked like a boyfriend type jacket, which needs the cuffs rolled up to give the impression of wearing his clothes, rather than hers. It was feminized in subtle ways that delighted me. There is slight shaping at the waist and a little flare at the hips. This keeps the jacket from being too boxy, and follows the shape of a female body. Then there is the navy with white polka dot trim on the pockets and inside the lining. I wasn't sure about keeping it, because I am still looking for an indigo denim jacket, and this is a little too close to the same style, and I don't really need to have multiples of the same or similar style jackets, especially at this price for multiple similar items. However, Rich loved it and, even though he wasn't thrilled with price on it either, he thought it would go with more of my clothes (see my skirt above for an example) and could go with skirts, dresses and jeans.

Item #3 Market & Spruce Adler Embroidered Shoulder Knit Top - $48

Honestly, if I had seen this while shopping, I would have thought that it was nice and just moved on to the next thing. As I follow directions, though, I did try it on, and the color and cut and fit were lovely. This will be great for our hot summers, and the shoulders form a slight cap, so I think I could even wear this to church. I especially liked the lace and embroidered detail on the back and shoulders. I forgot to have Rich get a picture of that on me, though, so here it is laid out on our bed.


Item #4 Lavender Brown Blair Silk V-Neck Blouse - $78

Her note said that she knew she had included something that had a looser fit than I usually liked, but she thought the print and color might be interesting to me. It was, and it was a silk blouse, and I really wanted to give it a shot. However, it was both too loose in the shoulders and body and too tight at the hips. And it reminded me of nurses' tunics over their scrubs at the hospital. I also thought it made me look older than I am. So, sadly, this is the only thing I really hated in the box. I did like the turquoise color in both the lighter and darker shades, and she was right that I like big floral prints.

Item #5 Gilli Astra Sleeveless Maxi Dress - $74

The order sheet called this red, but I think it is more a coral, or almost mango, color. If I had seen this in a store, I would have fled. I am rather averse to orange, so anything that even tends that way makes me nervous. However, as I try everything on in the box as instructed, I was happy with both the color and the cut and fit. The ruching at the bust, the band just below and the gathering below that, are really flattering, and the coverage is such that I can wear a normal bra with it. Rich loved it on me, and the kids just said "Wow!" when they saw me in it.

The style card for this dress was the only part that hurt in this fix. I had asked for a denim jacket, either indigo or dark blue, and the style card showed this dress with almost exactly what I wanted. Only it wasn't in the box.

I think this is a success. Three items are staying, two are going back, but if the cobalt dress had fit, I would have gotten the entire box to take advantage of the 25% off discount, which would have made the silk blouse free (plus taken a little more off of everything else), and I would have given it to someone else who actually liked it.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Wow, Ranee! That coral dress is stunning! You must have so much fun with these boxes when they arrive. :)
 
Thank you! These are really fun. It makes me feel a little more pampered, too, to have a stylist picking items for me, and trying them all on to take pictures and decide which I'll keep and which will go back.

Rich had a work conference this week, and I wore that dress to the welcome reception, an engineer sponsored dinner, and the hospitality suite after, and I received so many unsolicited compliments. It was like being Cinderella and having my whole life changed by one dress. :-)

I even got to wear the jacket with a white tank top and navy with white trim capris while at the conference. I felt so put together and grown up. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?