.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Menu Plan: Trinity Sunday

I'm not sure how I did this when menu planning last week, but I completely forgot that it was recital week, and that from Thursday on, I would be on high alert duty and Rich would be a single father. So, lots of the meals I had planned were moved around, and there are a few repeats this week.

We had our church picnic today, and having it in nearly 90 degree weather with a breeze was so much better than our usual summer picnic of over 90 to 100 degrees, blasting sunshine, and no relief. Our priest asked how we liked the earlier date and we all encouraged him to continue this. I suggested our former church's practice of the Tongues of Flame Barbecue and having the picnic tied to Pentecost. He seemed to like the idea, so maybe?

We only have two weeks left of our school year, though the truth is we spend the summer reading and learning, too. I always end the Friday before Dominic and Rich's birthday. So, now we're cramming things in, while nobody really wants to be doing it, as well as having all the end of year recitals, games, awards' ceremonies, concerts (including my choir's concert!), and so on and so forth. Busy times.

It's also our last week of local asparagus at $0.50/lb, so we will be cooking lots of it and pickling a ton. Rich is taking time to relax and rejuvenate himself by working on our (late) garden, but we only got a few asparagus spears this year. We were gone when they were ready, and so we're letting them go to seed to spread some more. Since we have no real travel plans this summer, we are hoping to have a better grasp on our garden here, and maybe introduce a couple pigs to raise for meat.

Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings).
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?