.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Menu Plan: Laetare Sunday, Fourth Sunday of Lent


Everything is running late this week. I never posted the recipe for the potato and poblano stew, mostly because I never had a chance to edit it beyond an ingredient list. The plan was that I would be finished with my design proposal by Tuesday or Wednesday, but Amira's birthday kind of took over, and I just couldn't get it done in time, but the hard deadline was yesterday. So, I thought I'd get it finished by Friday at the latest. Nope. Then we had some friends' kids over this weekend, and Amira's actual birthday party, and about four or five things to do on Saturday. So, I spent nearly all of yesterday finishing the submission packet and getting it sent in by the skin of my teeth.

Anyway, I will be posting the recipe, along with some yarn pictures from my yarn of the month club and a little about a prize I won from another blogger. I can't post a photo of my swatch for the design, but I'll show you some other knitting. Needless to say, with our busy week, there are some repeats on the menu this week. Rich made dinner for me a couple of the nights last week, and last night, so I could finish my proposal and head to choir practice. Oh, I so appreciate having him as a substitute for me at home, too. He took sick leave, because we had two girls throw up in the middle of the night, two nights in a row (did I forget to mention that that was part of our weekend, too?), and Nejat is showing signs of not feeling well. That, and he has been fighting a terrible cold, too. So, he did the lessons with our kids, and made meals, and just let me be in our room working. He also was my extra set of eyes for finding mistakes.

We had our Saint Patrick's Day feast on Sunday, with our friends, and my Laetare was spent serving, rather than being served. Though it is the Mother's Day of the Church, we didn't really have a chance to do much for me, with the party and dinner celebration. It was a nice time, though, and Amira planned the crafts, so I didn't have to do that. I just documented with pictures.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?