.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 02, 2015

Menu Plan: February 1 - 7

Well, if you were looking for the nutball soup recipe, you noticed that it wasn't posted Saturday. I was going to do a try to get that posted first, but I will just have to add it to this week's recipe post.

We used to go to Superbowl parties at other people's homes and hang out by the snacks while everyone else watched the game. Now, we just stay home, make snacks ourselves, and have a little anti-Superbowl party. I cannot say how much I appreciate that Rich is not a sports fiend. We watched Labyrinth, ate snacky foods, and Rich and I fell asleep. We are still in serious sleep deprivation due to Nejat's not sleeping much at night. She slept through the night exactly once this week. We could still use your prayers. As could she.

Today is the last day of the Christmas season. It is the Feast of the Purification, when Saint Mary came with the infant Jesus to the temple for her purification and His presentation. It is a feast of light, and it is traditional for churches to have candle light processions and for candles for the year to be blessed on this day. The Light of the World was made known on this day. I love that this is a feast celebrated together by both East and West. I love the idea of rest that is given by God and the Church for women after childbirth, and the welcoming back into communal worship with the rituals of the purification and, now, the churching of women.

This means that we are inching closer to Lent again. Our diet will be nearly all vegetarian during that time, so we are enjoying our meat and treats for now. Our Bible reading plan begins in February, so I will begin posting the references with each day. These are not the lectionary readings, but a plan to get through the entire Bible in a year.
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?