.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Yarn Along: Almost FOs


As determined as I am to make some things for myself, I am also hurrying to finish projects from last year. There are about three that I just need complete before I feel like I can move on to other things. I have a lot more UFOs than that, but these need to be done, so I'm hustling. After that, I won't have any trouble casting on for anything else, and I will try to make it something for myself. I'm finally getting to blocking the Pear Scented Candle Shawl and I finished the last sleeve, undid the hem and am lengthening my Equinox. I expect to be finished with the knitting by this weekend. This sweater is a good example of why I don't knit for sale. While it's possible to find the right market for handknits which will pay for my skill and time, I don't have the desire or time to do so. On this sweater alone, I am already over 225 hours in on my work, and even only paying myself minimum wage, that is nearly $2200 for just my time, not even counting the materials.

I asked my friend Rose to wear her cowl I made her to church on Sunday, so I could get a picture of her in it. And here she is!


Christ in His Saints did not get finished in time, but I'm getting ever closer.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On



Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?