.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 08, 2014

Menu Plan: Second Sunday in Advent

It is evidently Mexican dinner week at our house. I didn't really notice until I started to post this, but we have a lot of Mexican themed meals. We started with the chipotle beef barbacoa last night, which I did on the stove using steaks instead of cutting a roast and using the crock pot. That was so good! The leftovers are going into empanadas tonight, using some pie crust dough I froze during Thanksgiving. We have a couple avocados left, so I am mashing them up with some diced chipotles, garlic and salt to be a dip for the empanadas. We have lots of chiles in our freezers, so those are being used a lot this week, too.

We have a lot of winter and fall fruit in the house, so we're eating pears, apples, oranges and so on throughout the week. The pasta recipe on Thursday is an experiment based on someone else's recommendation. If it turns out well, I will let you know. Also, I evidently have an orange theme for Saturday's dinner. It may be monochromatic, but it will taste great.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?